Online environments provide vital spaces for students, instructors, and TAs to exchange resources and ideas.
Our services include:
- Blackboard Collaborate: Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing tool available within a Blackboard course site enabling faculty to hold virtual office hours, interact with students remotely, share files and applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact in real time.
- Blogs: The Blog service supports blogs for teaching, research, library, and university communication activities for the Cornell community.
- Confluence Wiki: Wikis allow you to create a community web site authored and edited by its users.
- Discussion Boards and E-mail Lists: Facilitate class forums and small chat groups with Blackboard’s built-in tools, email lists, or newsgroups.
- Web Conferencing: The Academic Technologies staff can demonstrate and assist you with utilizing a Web conferencing tool (Zoom) to collaborate with groups and classes in real time with a combination of chat, video chat, desktop sharing, and whiteboarding.
- Piazza: Piazza creates a very user-friendly environment where students post questions to be answered by other students or faculty. The instructor can control enrollment, and the service can be used independently or integrated into Blackboard.