LabArchives is available at http://labarchives.cornell.edu
LabArchives – What’s New
LabArchives is an electronic lab notebook used to store, organize, share, and publish laboratory data. It can be used for research and teaching. Some of the features of LabArchives include:
- the ability to share and collaborate on notebooks by multiple parties
- the ability to store multiple file types, including images, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, PDFs, and Office documents
- the ability to create templates, forms, and custom applications for routine laboratory tasks
- the ability for instructors to provide feedback on students’ notebooks
- storage of every version of every file, recording the date, time, and username.
In addition to the regular LabArchives version, Cornell also offers the Classroom Edition of LabArchives. The Classroom Edition provides students with their own electronic lab notebooks. The students can collaborate and share work with each other and with instructors.
LabArchives Training: Curious how you might be able to use an Electronic Lab Notebook to better manage your research notes, data, protocols and related documents? Come to an introductory training session to learn about Lab Archives, the online electronic lab notebook service available to use for free for all Cornell faculty, staff and students. In this hands-on, one-hour class, we’ll show you how to get yourself set up with an account, show how to add (and share!) some common content types, demonstrate some of the more advanced features of the software, and talk about some best practices for organizing and working with your content. We’ll also talk about how you can use this tool in the classroom/teaching lab, and point you to additional resources to keep you on track with your notebook.
Our Fall training sessions were held in August 2017 and are now complete. We are still available to help! To request online or in-person training for individual, department, TA, or instruction groups contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – or walk-in to 123 CCC to schedule an appointment.